Saturday, June 21, 2008

Leaving on an Airplane...

Blythe took her first plane trip to visit my mom and friends in Jacksonville. I was a little nervous but figured not too much could go wrong on a 45 minute plane flight... I learned differently.

Despite my best efforts to get her to sleep while we were waiting on the gate. I was excited cause I figured she would stay asleep the whole plane ride! Instead, she woke up right as we were getting ready to take off... The flight didn't bother her though, she just got very fussy when she woke up before we landed. On the way there, Blythe was awake until right before I got on the plane. She actually fell asleep while I was pushing her stroller down the ramp,Thankfully we had a row to ourselves and some very understanding people around us!

Blythe adjusted well to being in a new place. She slept in my room in a pack and play and was great! In fact, I think she slept better than she does at home. She loved her new room, especially the mirror!

She also got a new toy while she was in Jacksonville. Since she doesn't like to sit down and loves standing, the jumperoo was a hit! At first she wasn't sure what to do, but once she figured it out, she loved it!

Blythe got to hang out with Jaime a few times. Since Jaime is moving to Atlanta, we're sad that we might not see her as much! After all, who else is going to teach Blythe all about being southern? It does gives us a great excuse to go to Atlanta a lot though! Still, we're going to miss seeing Jaime whenever we visit Jacksonville. In this picture we were having lunch at Chick-fil-a... which is Jaime's new employer. You would thing she wouldn't want to eat there anymore since I'm sure she'll get more than enough!

Since my dear daughter is so curious and observant, sometimes she doesn't like to nap (note- that's most of the time...) When I was checking out at JoAnn Fabrics, they had this cute little sleep mask for $1 so I thought I would try it. It worked for about 10 minutes until my smarty realized she could turn her head back and forth and get it to move!

While we were there I got very sick (probably from being on the plane) so we stayed in Jacksonville longer so my mom could help take care of Blythe. Since they spend so much time together, they have really bonded. It was a sad goodbye at the airport, but not to worry... JJ will be back in Tampa next week!

The trip back to Tampa was awful! As soon as we got on the plane, the pilot informed us that the Tampa airport had closed due to storms and was rerouting flights to Jacksonville. As a result, not only would we be late, but we had to sit on the runway and wait for the go-ahead instead of getting off the plane! Needless to say, this was not a good thing with a 3 month old on board! Blythe got very agitated and upset (because she was overtired) during our wait on the runway and there was nothing I could do about it! We ended up sitting for an hour and a half (all the while, Brian was waiting in Tampa, telling me that the skies were blue and sunny!) Finally, my sweet girl just fell asleep on my lap and all was well in the world! Hopefully our next plane trip in August will be less eventful!



  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by 2008

Back to TOP